1. The project area is defined as a ‘forest area’.
2. Your designed tiny house has to be no more than 2 floors with a total amount of 30sq.m (320sq.ft) site plan, and has to feature four basic components: living room, bedroom, kitchen, and bathroom.
– the 30sq.m (a.k.a. the site plan) are intended as 30 sq.m for each floor (so two floors of 30 sq.m each, in total 60 sq.m if you want to design the upper floor).
– If you make an external portico or an outdoor terrace on the ground floor, it must be counted within 30 sq.m (a.k.a. the site plan).
– This is a concept competition that the house doesn’t have to be strictly geometric.
3. The competition seeks the creation of a tiny house for one or two people to live comfortably with ideas and concepts in architectural design with site planning.
4. Provided the site is located in a forest, possible solutions about plumbing and electricity should be figured out.
5. Entrants are challenged to conceive a new and original concept for tiny house, however not strictly limited to the style of ‘residence’. A degree of flexibility and alternative choices are allowed, for example ‘ portable cabin’ or ‘ transportable home’, provided it is backed up with adequate justification.
6. There is not any specific site location for this competition, as it mainly collects ideas and concepts and aims to create an exemplary prototype for all the new houses to follow. Applicant shall choose a fictional location for their conceptual idea and proceed a design work.
7. The design philosophy should be affordable, practical, convenient, efficient and easy to construct. The house plan should NOT be in relatively large scale. It’s optional to design a temporary structure or permanent building.
8. The topography and landforms can be also customized. Entrants might add river, lake, stones, animals or any other elements that probably support your theme. Please note that your designed house will be produced in forest that when put together on site, reflects your identical design intent and specifications of the most sophisticated facility.
Submitted Entries (Recommended submission content)
1. General plans and layouts of the project, including floor plans and sections, scaled adequately to ensure reading and comprehension of the plans. Please note that we suggest using common scale for your designed floor plan, elevations, sections, details, diagrams and perspectives. Participants are allowed to choose flexible and alternative choices, provided it is backed up with adequate justification to explain their design philosophy in the most efficient manner.
2. Diagrams, views, sketches, renderings, or any other form of visual representation that will help explain the project. But video files are NOT accepted. Photographs of models can be included and accepted.
3. Constructive details that are considered optional to explain the project. This is an ideas competition and there is no intention that the winning entry will be built.
4. The image or board must comply with the following format: your design must be presented in oriented A1 sheet (841mm×594mm), both horizontal display and vertical display are accepted. Minimum 72 dpi, and only JPG will be accepted. The file must be no larger than 12 MB in order to facilitate uploads and downloads. Other formats or delivery won’t be accepted, and only the projects uploaded on time will be on the contest.
5. A 450 word-long (maximum) descriptive text. Any text or description can only be delivered in English. The content must be presented on the panel instead of being attached in a separate txt file.
6. It’s only allowed to submit one A1 board for each final work. One person could participate as an individual entry or a part of team entry. It is also possible for one team to enter multiple entries. But be aware of that, one registration/payment is only for one submitted entry.
7. Since the contest is anonymous, the names of participants must NOT be presented on the sheet with the images and in the name of the file to be sent. The name of submitted image file must be your Team Code, eg T8FNW7CV.jpg . Your Team Code will be sent by email within 72 hours after the registration and payment process. Remember that the code is unique and valid for each submitted entry.