The entries received would be evaluated and judged based on the following criteria:
– Originality, response. Aspirational and original projects with programmatic response to existing environmental and social conditions and local challenges.
– Innovative design ideas, materials and systems
– Design aesthetics, form, vision, material and technical ambitions.
– Appropriate use of design principles, impacts. Clear definition of positive transformative social, spatial and environmental impact of the project.
– Clarity in ideas, innovative resolution, functionality. Spatial, material and technical justification. Clarity of design process.
– Response to the context, Relevance. A clear declaration of conditions that set the contextual parameters of the project through identification of local challenges, construction and living culture.
– Sheet Composition, General design quality, Symbolic and emotional content
– Understanding of environment-friendly, sustainablility, energy saving
– Community integration, Cultural relevance, minimisation of negative environmental impact of the building
– Modular philosophy, the possibility of expansion to cater for larger areas